Mobile high voltage circuit breakers are key components of overall system design and a way of switching on and off from the grid. A mobile SF6 breaker is a self-contained, system protection trailer that may also incorporate an on-board DILO system, relaying, controls, metering, disconnect switches, station service, arresters, busswork, and structural support steel. Mobile SF6 breaker trailers are used primarily for the following applications: (1) emergency backup, (2) routine maintenance, and (3) for use in conjunction with a mobile substation.
Elgin Power Solutions’ high voltage mobile circuit breakers are designed, integrated, and tested at our state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in West Virginia. Our seasoned design team focuses on optimization, implementing turntables when desired so the circuit breakers can be turned from shipping position to in-service position. Elgin Power Solutions also has a dedicated field service team to assist with training, startup, and any long-term maintenance requirements.
- Mobile circuit breaker sizes from 15 kV to 170 kV
- SF6 or vacuum breakers available
- Rapid deployment
- Onboard DILO available
- Rotating turntable design available
- Onboard pre-wired relaying and controls
- Onboard busswork and cabling pre-wired & tested
- Structural support steel and custom cabinets are designed and fabricated at Elgin Power Solutions’ factory
- Optional steering systems