Metal Enclosed Capacitor Bank
Some of the benefits a system derives when adding capacitors are:
- Improved power factor of the system which saves money on your power bill.
- Reduces the lagging component of the circuit current which reduces the overall current in the system.
- Reduces I²R power losses in the system because of reduction in the circuit current.
- Reduces I²X kilovar loss in the system because of current reduction.
- Voltage regulation is improved when the capacitors are properly switched. Increases voltage level at the load.
- Decreases KVA loading which relieves overloaded conditions and releases capacity for additional load growth.
- Reduces demand KVA loading where power is purchased.
- Reduces investment in the system facilities per kilowatt of load supplied.
Metal Enclosed Capacitor Bank in Substation
Medium Voltage Capacitor Bank
Two-Step Enclosed Capacitor Bank
Single-Step Enclosed Capacitor Bank
Copyright © 2016 All rights Reserved
Elgin Power Solutions